Stories of Resilience
In recognition of October as Domestic Violence Awareness Month, you are invited to add your voice to Stories of Resilience. The contest is seeking submissions that reflect the broad impact of abuse. Contribute your story, personal essay or poem for consideration.
- Entries can include stories, personal essays and poems.
- Multiple entries are welcome.
Click here to submit: ourstoryproject.org.
Title line should read: “Contest Submission.” Please include the title of your work, if any, at the top of the main body of the piece.
Name and valid email are required for the contest.
If you prefer not to use your actual name, you may provide a pseudonym.
Your email address will not be made public and will only be used to communicate with you about the contest.
- Entries will be accepted until October 20, 2014.
First Prize - $500
Two Second Prizes - $100 each
- All entrants will be notified of the results by November 6, 2014.
- Winners will be published in Hope Grows Here, Volume II. Additional entries may also be selected for publication.
- We reserve the right to edit or excerpt for publication.
- We are interested in a wide range of submissions, from very brief to a maximum of 1,500 words.
- Survivors, friends, family, coworkers, neighbors, children – all perspectives on the effects of domestic abuse are welcome.
- We retain first rights to publication in our book; all rights then revert to the author.
Submissions may also be submitted to:
Family Shelter Service
605 E. Roosevelt Road
Wheaton, IL 60187
- For more information, please call Family Shelter Service at 630-221-8290